The smell of your vagina shall never be a punch line for a horrible joke. But, most of the women have to deal with the vaginal odor at least once or twice in their whole lifetime. It is not false that every woman has a different scent and may be affected by various factors, including menstruation, infection and sexual activity.
The normal and healthy vagina shall not have any kind of odor. These are the things you need to do to make sure you smell fresh and stay clean down there:
Washing and Showering Tips
You should know about the proper ways to care for your vagina when you are in the bathroom:
- It depends on your routine every day, but you may need to shower daily, especially when you notice a smelly vagina.
- After you have ended a workout session, make sure that you shower, in order to remove the sweat from the body, including the vagina.
- Do not mask the smell by using fragrant soap. If it is possible to use only natural soaps because the soaps most people use today have chemicals that can upset the natural balance of the vagina and might cause irritation.
- Clean only the outer part of the vagina because this can worsen the problem.
- Do not douche, unless your doctor tells you so.
- You should always wipe from front to back in order to avoid infection, and for this, you can use wet wipes and baby wipes in order to remove the dry wipe residue, which can also cause infection.