A lot of people, especially females, love having fast growing or long nails. Long nails tend to enhance the beauty of the hands.
However, a number of factors could contribute to poor nail growth. These factors include; nutritional deficiencies, hormonal changes, medications, old age, chemotherapy, and some illnesses. These contributory factors could also lead to splitting of nails, nail breakage, and brittle nails.
On the other hand, the nails of kids and pregnant women tend to grow faster than other demographics.
Here are some tips and good practices, to consider, if you want strong and fast growing nails;
- You could apply petroleum jelly on your hands and nails to help lock-in moisture.
- Keep your nails clean and dry to help prevent fungal infections. However, if you do have fungal infections, ensure you get them treated immediately.
- Try not to expose your nails to harsh chemicals, especially when washing clothes or utensils. You could wear hand gloves while carrying out these activities.
- Strive not to use nail polishes that contain toluene or formaldehyde as they tend to make the nails brittle.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals as these micronutrients help hasten nail growth and keep the nails strong and healthy.
- Try as much as possible not to bite your nails. Also, avoid picking your hang nails.
- Ensure you maintain a balanced diet in order to maintain healthy, strong, and, fast-growing nails.